Oh boy. Here we go. College is drawing near and I still have many things to do before starting my life as a new person, and creating a new life for myself. I can't believe how fast time has gone. Have you ever been in the middle of doing something so mundane, and just coming to the self-realization that you are growing old? You've seen things, done things, and just lived through it all? Our lives are filled with many regrets, but it's also filled with many happy times too! That's how I've been feeling lately. Nostalgic if you will. I'm scared for the future, because I have no clue as to what it holds. I know that God has a plan for me, and I know I need to just let go and give all my worries to him, but its difficult because at the same time, he made me the way I am. Anxious, and worry-fillled Ariana who is trying so hard.
With college starting soon, that also means that I have an audition for the School Of Music to determine which ensemble would fit me best. There is the WIU Chamber Orchestra, and the WIU Symphonic Orchestra. I know I will be placed in the Chamber Orchestra, but I can't help but try and go for the symphonic orchestra. How cool would that be? Anyway, the reason for my worry is because the pieces I was given- mega hard. One excerpt is entirely on one string. That is something I have never done before. I'm terrified. And it doesn't help that my Private Lessons Coach is taking the entire month of July off. So I'm on my own to tackle this piece because no one near me in my family has experience or any at all in music. Especially at this level of experience that I'm at. So yeah, that is really the only challenge in my life so far.

Now for my babysitting update: Andrea is a wonderful little girl. She cracks me up and is so sassy. I love it. Babysitting her is a breeze. The only challenge I'm having is finding activities to do with her everyday. We just went to Mad Potter about a week ago and painted a mug (hers), and a Dragon (mine). Apparently, they turned out cute! I have yet to go and see them. Her and her grandmother picked them up.
Well that's it for today.
God bless,
Ariana
No comments:
Post a Comment