Wow. I am so sorry I haven't blogged in a few weeks. Life has been hectic lately. Between, work, and college prep, and just trying to keep my life together, i seem to just simply...forgot. However, that is changing.
Now, its time to catch you all up on my recent shenanigans.
First, I went to Macomb to participate in my school orientation! Many people have been asking me how it went, and i give the least positive answer..... "It was lame". I know that that isn't something I say, given my reputation as a happy-go-lucky-upbeat-and-full-of-optimism gal. Which is ironic given my mental state. But I don't feel like getting any pity today so I am not going to discuss what most people already know about me. Anyway, it was. Orientation was lame. My group leaders didn't do any fun activities with me group. It was all business. Get them to a survey, get them through the tour, and get them to scheduling for classes. Just my luck that I would get the most serious leaders. The fun part and probably most awakening event was scheduling my first semester as a WIU Leatherneck. I had a self-realization moment once I finished scheduling. All of my classes were music. Intense music classes. Unlike many other college bound students who pick easier classes to get used to college life, I went full force into my chosen career classes. I do have one Gen Ed class, Health, that I am taking, but other than that, it's all career prep classes. And it made me realize that I'm actually doing it. I'm fulfilling my dream as a musician and chasing my dream as a Music Therapist. Given everything I have been through, it is humbling and satisfying that nothing has stopped me. My heart has been broken too many times to count (dumb boys.....), I've cried myself to sleep more than should have happened, and I've seen lots of disappointment. But all of those things have made me who I am. And I am forever grateful for that.
College will be difficult. I will have mental breakdowns. And I may want to give up, but I am not going to. College is the time for me to fine-tune myself. Figure out who deserves me in their life, and who doesn't. I will figure out my limits and I will figure out where I stand in the world. Hopefully, I will someday soon be the "Music lady with blue hair who is helping me get better".
We shall see. keep checking back for more updates!
God bless,
Ariana
No comments:
Post a Comment