Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Youth Of Today Is Not Ignorant

Hello and Welcome back to my blog! This post is going to be a little more morbid in a way, but eye- opening (hopefully) and about something that has been bugging me since my recent milestones.

So not much has really happened since I last posted, except for me turning 18. No, I don't feel any different, and thank you for welcoming me to "the real world as an adult" for which I have been aware of and apart of since the begging of middle school. I may not have been weighted with the responsibilities of "the real world", but I have been aware of it and how it works and what goes on in "the real world". Just a PSA for you adults: please do not tell a teen "Welcome to adulthood" or "Welcome to the real world" we absolutely know what it is like and face issues everyday pertaining to "The real world". For instance, Depression. Anxiety. Bills we must pay (like gas, or phone, or taxes), stress, etc. The list goes on and on. Age doesn't matter at all. What matters is how much we've been exposed and taught. Our ignorance is smaller than you think. For instance, many teens are the children of divorced parents. That was our first glimpse into "The Real World". We know darn well that love is tough and  cruel and that sometimes couples just give up hope on the marriage when it becomes too overwhelming. They march right into the local court and fight over who gets what and why, then they leave in separate cars to their separate homes and live as not one, but two. Two separate people who may or may not find love again. Divorce rates have gone up with each passing year. And we become okay with it. It has become the "norm" in a way.  Life happens. Divorce is never not going to happen.
Anyway, Not only are we aware of divorce, but we're also aware of the different expenses it costs to live on your own. You're no longer under the wing of your parents or guardians paying for your every activity. You have to do it. You have to get up and look at which bills to pay, and what job pays well enough for you to live comfortably. You must manage your bank account and separate your money into different categories: Bills, Health, Fun, Necessities, Savings, and Retirement. We know that managing your money is hard. Especially if you attempt to separate it into as many categories as I have stated. But you do it. You do it so you don't end up making a life where you feel you need a vacation from it. You make a life to where you don't get up and regret it because that means you must go to a job where death seems more exciting. You go to a job where it doesn't end up feeling like a job. You end up living your dream, and your paycheck is just an added bonus.  Unfortunately, that isn't always the case. Sometimes you have to take a mediocre job just to pay the bills, make your loved ones safe and happy. You just do it. Because that is life and there is an inevitable outcome to life: Death. We will all die. So why not make it a good one? At the same time to living in a life where you may hate your job, or be completely broke, you fill your life with love, and happiness. It doesn't matter your status in society. What matters is how you make the best of crappy situations.

I seem to know more than you think, don't I? I'm a teen and I have been living in the real world. There is no fake world. It's all just ignorance. And most teens certainly are not as ignorant as our elders believe.

I apologize for the length of this post. It's just something that has been on my mind a lot recently. And once I begin writing, there is no stopping until all of my thoughts and emotions are out.

Keep checking back for more updates

God Bless
-Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment

....

....