Tuesday, November 3, 2015

College Life is the Busy Life

Ohhhhhhhh boy. It's been a while hasn't it? Life got really crazy after my last post back in July. Sorry about that! Too much has happened for me to put in this post so I'll just get down to the basics.

Back in July, I was babysitting the girl I told you about. She was wonderful! Such a great girl. I hope to be able to babysit her again next summer too. I prepped for college during that time and August. On July 10th, I met my boyfriend at our college orientation!!! It's crazy to look back and think that a relationship blossomed within that short amount of time. But we both believe God really wanted us to be together, so here we are: almost a month this Friday of dating officially. It's been wonderful!

Now onto the college part of this post. College has been, in one word, stressful. I've never been more stressed in my entire life. I've had too many mental breakdowns than I should have had because it's been so bad. Things weren't going well in my dorm either so THAT didn't help my situation. But never fear, those issues have been sorted out and all is well in my dorm life. I had to drop two courses this semester because I just was not doing well according to the Music School criteria. In all of my classes, I must be getting a C or higher in order to move on to the next class. I wasn't failing in those classes, but I wasn't meeting that C (I was sooooo close) and so my professor recommended that I drop them in order to save my GPA. Which by the way, has to be above a 3.4 I believe in order to remain in the School of Music. Crazy right? That's why I get so upset when people downplay music majors. We have so much more rules and regulations that we have to abide by that it makes life difficult and stressful. I overall, haven't enjoyed my first semester here. It's been tough...

I'm going to keep on trucking though. God has big plans for me and I want to see them through. Whatever they may be.

This is a short post but you all have a gist of what is going on because of my Facebook posts.

God bless,
Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment

....

....