Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Rain, Rain, Go Away and Other Updates on My Life

Hi y'all, I decided to do a blog post because I have been feeling really sick and gross the past couple days and needed to write. As you know, I had trouble with my roommate. Most of you know her true colors. Others are blinded by their friendship with her and do not see what a manipulative person she is. She took advantage of my generosity and turned it into what she wanted all along. Her own room, and drama. She lives for the center of the spotlight because of her acting background, and being the only child.

Now, enough about her because she is now the most irrelevant person in the history of irrelevant people. I moved into my new room yesterday. I did nearly all of it by myself, minus two trips my loving boyfriend so generously helped me with. No sarcasm. Without him, I would have taken EVEN LONGER to do all of it. Not to mention this nasty weather I had to endure. I am now sick because of it. My room is unpacked, and nearly all of it is in the place I want it to be. Luckily, two of the most important people in my life are coming down to help me get settled even more and organized. Plus, I will have some kick-butt Christmas lights hanging in my room for the aesthetic. Ha.
I am now accepting my true self as total hipster trash. I blog, wear beanies, drink Earl Grey, use Tumblr, listen to Alternative music, and spend my free time with my boyfriend. Oh and don't forget my love for writing and bad memes. Yup. Hipster Trash. But that's okay because I still have good morals and my love for Christ can move mountains.

Now I will update you on my classes. Basically, dropping the two classes was a really great decision because I am focused more on my music. My mental health was increasingly gone each class I went to before I dropped it. Piano Class is going alright. We're working on two octave scales now and I cannot for the life of me get my hands to go together. Can you tell I'm only a violinist?! ha ha. Oh well. With patience and practice I will get them down.

I just looked out the window and this rain is seriously bringing me down. It's been raining for two days straight now. The view from my window is magnificent. I can see the entire campus and beyond for several miles from the 14th floor. Now, if only the rain would go away and give me sunshine this view would be even better.
I had my first recital on Saturday. It went alright. I was nervous but i held it together. Luckily, my violin professor was my accompanist and knew where I was at in the ways of the piece and was able to catch me when I messed up the counting and such.

Well I guess that is it in the way of my life on campus right now. I have rehearsal that I don't want to go to, but then again, when do I ever want to go to a rehearsal where my conductor is pretentious and stops us every five measures the second he detects someone so much as breathing incorrectly. I get he wants us to be better musicians and all that crap but my god he makes it difficult to enjoy rehearsals. They feel more like a chore than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

....

....